“I’m trying to find the best path I’m going to take right now,” said the legendary Brazilian in an interview with Globo Esporte. “I won’t fight in MMA, that’s for sure. I thank everyone who calls me from other organizations, but I did not leave the UFC, I remain on their contract.
At the same time, Aldo, who announced his retirement from MMA last month, does not exclude that he can try his hand at boxing.
“Boxing is an opportunity. This has always been my dream, which I did not hide from anyone. Let’s see how things turn out. Everyone says that I’m still young and that I have a few more years left. But now, with the birth of my son, I just want to enjoy my time with my family, and then I’ll think about the professional side.”
According to reports, the 36-year-old Brazilian had one fight left under his current deal with the organization, and it seems rather strange that he did not want to say goodbye to the fans on January 21 at UFC 283 in Rio de Janeiro.